Friday, April 6, 2012

29 gifts: day fifteen and more

My kindness project has not stopped, but I am very behind on recording my gifts!  Here is a quick summary:

We made a gift to the American Red Cross to help Harveyville with disaster recovery after a tornado hit this small Kansas town.  I have a special place in my heart for Harveyville as my paternal grandmother lived here as a child.  I thought of her frequently when the news coverage talked about the damage by this early season tornado.

We gave gifts to our friends at work by bringing homemade treats and some store bought doughnuts and other goodies over a couple of weeks.

I moved over a lane to allow a car to merge onto the highway during our morning commute.  The response to this act was what make this gift stand out.  The guy behind the wheel of the other car gave a giant wave with his whole arm out his window.  It was really sweet and I appreciated his wave to express his gratitude.  (Merging onto our highway is a chore in morning rush hour!)

I am ready to pick up at number 20.  Can't wait to see what opportunities for gifts emerge!

No comments: