Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day reworked

If you have been following my posts, you know that I have been experimenting with giving.  My post-holiday giving slump has led me to this stage of rethinking how and when we gift.  We are really asking the question, "does our giving matter?"

I am not sure that we have found any answers, but we have had a lot of fun finding new ways to give and new causes to support.

Today, I was inspired by Brene' Brown's post about Generosity Day.  She educated me on the work of Sasha Dichter's Generosity Experiment turned Generosity Day where Valentine's Day is reworked.  Think of it this way:  instead of placing your giving all on one sweetheart, open your heart to as many people as you possibly can during one day.  Say yes to everyone who needs help.

Watch this great video for inspiration.

Image courtesy of http://pamgarrison.typepad.com/


No comments: