Sunday, February 12, 2012

Cabin fever, ready to garden

 While we have had a really mild winter in Kansas this year, it still has been winter.  Dormant plants, brown landscape, fallow garden beds, too much time inside, and too many layers of clothes all add up to cabin fever.  I am ready for warmer weather and garden season!

One thing that helps get me through the cold weather and short days is scanning garden catalogs.  One of my new favorites is Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds.  Their catalog has great pictures and descriptions and I love learning about heritage varieties of plants.

I did order a few packets of seeds to try.  When they arrived, I fell in love with the package design, especially the illustrations.

Check out these works of art!  Can't wait to see how they grow.

1 comment:

Home on the Range Exchange said...

Oh the crafty ideas you could do with those seed packets!