Thursday, May 31, 2012

I made this! Pasta Carbonara

The Pioneer Woman can be credited for another success - Pasta Carbonara.

I love this dish.  One of my favorite food memories was dining at Panzano Restaurant and Lounge in downtown  Denver.  I was traveling for work and we had an evening when dinner was on our own.  We found this great place that according to their website "offers the best in contemporary Northern Italian cuisine with a focus on sustainable, local, seasonal and organic ingredients."  The food was delicious and the atmosphere was great.  I left counting pasta carbonara as one of my favorite Italian dishes.

Yet, I had never tried to make it until last night.

The Pioneer Woman posted the recipe on her blog and I had all but a couple of the ingredients on hand.  A quick stop at the store on the way home had us ready to give the recipe a try.

The result...delicious!  I will definitely make it again!

No comments: