Thursday, July 7, 2011

What a day!

My dear friend who is a Ph.D. student at Virginia Tech (and a proud K-State alum) was back visiting. She contacted me about getting together and we were able to make schedules work for this afternoon. It was the perfect way to end the day with great conversation with a good friend.

She recently returned from the Ukraine where she spent time with a group volunteering at an orphanage. I loved hearing her stories about her travels and seeing pictures of the children.

She brought me this beautiful hand painted egg and a chocolate bar with a wrapper that is so pretty. Both are just so lovely that I wanted to share.
You have to see both sides of this great egg! This same friend gave me a tiny hand painted flower pot for a gift at my wedding shower. I treasure it, too. This egg from this friend just makes complete sense.
After dinner my husband and I went out the garden and I picked peas. Picking and shelling peas is one of my favorite garden activities.

Loved this day!

No comments: