Monday, August 27, 2012

The bee's knees

At the end of our lives, ultimately only one question remains. Did we manage to give others love and did we receive love from others? Did we manage to "be there" for the important people around us, or were we too busy thinking about the next game?
- David Servan-Schreiber

A former student gave me this card and the card design and message are so special to me.  

First, the design.  I am a little crazy for bees and the card looks like it came from an old-fashioned press or block print.  These two factors combined made me want to seek out a retailer.  I am still waiting to place an order, but it is in my future.

Second, the message.  When a student takes the time to thank me  for the opportunity to work together, I feel a great deal of pride.  It is a really special thing to be able to work with young leaders at the start of their career.  I am so thankful for my job and the great people around me.

This card is a keeper.

No comments: