Saturday, September 17, 2011

On the road again...

This has been my life...behind the wheel, taking in beautiful Kansas scenery and having a lot of thinking time.

A few thoughts from my recent travels...

  • Anyone who wants to argue that Kansas is flat and boring has not really looked at our beautiful state.  This time of year is especially striking.  The leaves are just starting to turn.  Fall harvest is beginning in some parts of the state.  The rolling hills are showing signs of fall color.
  • Satellite radio makes a trip so much better!  This week's trips allowed me to take my own vehicle instead of a company car which means I had satellite radio.  I also figured out how to connect my iPad to my car radio and that meant I could listen to my new George Strait, Mumford and Sons and Ray Lamontagne.  Loving my new music and really like no to few commercials.
  • For the most part, people in our state are really friendly.  My short stops at gas stations and restaurants allowed me to interact with some nice people.
  • My car also has Bluetooth capability. so I can connect my phone to my car.  I am getting used to this convenience.  I am getting it and really like being able to call hands free.  When I am out on the highway and can make calls, it saves me time and helps keep me connected.  It's still strange to drive along and talk about loud on the phone..kind of yelling toward my sun visor.
  • When you travel, you have time to think.  I also practice my presentations - out loud.  And, I sing.  Which I never sing in public because I am really bad at singing.  If you pass me, I am the crazy person singing, talking to myself or talking on the Bluetooth on my phone.
More travels next week!

No comments: