Thursday, November 13, 2014

Fishing and picking blueberries

So, our Canada vacation was certain to include fishing - a lot of fishing.

And, that was great!  I actually enjoyed the fishing a thousand times more than I initially planned.  And, we caught fish! 

The website for our camp said that one of the owners would take us blueberry picking.  As soon as I read this piece of information, I was set on picking blueberries.  I talked my husband and dad into going along.
I had in my head an idea of what picking blueberries might entail.  But, I had no idea that wild blueberries are so small! And, close to the ground!
After driving down some rough back country roads, we pulled over to pick in these sections between rows of trees.  The blueberry plants were about ankle high and really plentiful.
So, my husband was a great sport.  He put on his geeky fisherman hat and as with everything he does, he went after it.  I think he took it as a personal challenge to pick more berries than our host.
My dad was also a super good sport. I have some pretty special guys in my life who will give up an afternoon of fishing to pick blueberries.

Since we have been back, we have made some blueberry muffins with these flavorful, tiny berries.

No comments: