Tuesday, July 23, 2013

When something speaks to you...

 When something speaks to you, you act.

I was in Chicago for work a couple of weeks ago and we were lucky enough to work it out so Jeremy could travel along.  We went to one of our favorite stores, P.O.S.H.  Actually, one or both of us went there every day we were in the city. One more visit and I think they might have been worried that we were stalking them.

On our last day, we visited again and I spent time going through the vintage postcards.  I found this one and it really spoke to me.  Jeremy even said, "It spoke to you.  You have to get it."

Here is what it said:

Dear Earl,
Everything here is going to 
be just fine, I think.  I've 
bitten off a big bite, and it 
reminds me of this little poem.
Plan for more than you can do, 
Then do it.
Bite off more than you can chew, 
Then chew it.
Hitch your wagon to a star,
Stick in your seat,
and there you are.
Love, Lucia

The stamp was a 1 cent stamp, postmark of Chicago, and postmark date of May 14, 194?.
Since finding this little card, I keep remembering the first line.  Everything here is going to be just fine, I think.  I needed that message.

We found some other cool stuff that I will save for later posts.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Love that line! That may become my new mantra! Thanks for sharing.