You might say that I felt guilty and wasteful and thought I would feel better if I baked something. I think that is a sign I need therapy.
Here are all the ways I changed in the recipe:
- I used frozen cherries instead of fresh. The desserts were still delicious and I save all of the time of pitting cherries.
- I have six relatively small ramekins and used all six and just divided everything accordingly.
I am sorry that I don't know where I found this recipe, so I don't know how to credit it.
Fresh Cherry Crisp
makes 4 individual servings
2 cups pitted sour cherries
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray four ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cherries with 2 T flour and white sugar.
- Evenly distribute the cherry mixture into four ramekins.
- Combine the oats, 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the cherry mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.