Saturday, December 29, 2012

A December birthday

A dear friend has a birthday right before Christmas.  I have always felt sorry for her (and anyone else who has a birthday so close to a major holiday).  Whether it is true or not, I always imagine that she didn't have a party as a kid or her gifts got combined into a birthday and Christmas gift.

I knew her birthday was coming soon and I needed to get a card in the mail.  Most of my cards on hand didn't fit her personality or our friendship or the time of year.  (It didn't seem right to send a card with sand and flip flops during December in Kansas.)

So, I decided to make a card!

Using inspiration from Pinterest, I decided to use some scrapbooking paper and one of the techniques I learned this year (making a banner) to put together a card.

I think it turned out ok.  At least when I showed it to my husband, he said it was cute and when I quizzed him about what it was, he guessed right...after he told me it looked like sticks of dynamite.  Ok, candles or dynamite, I guess it works.

No comments: