Monday, April 4, 2011

Hello, Spring!

The Kansas winter really seemed to take a toll on everyone. Once the days began to get longer and warmer, everyone seemed to have a renewed sense of energy. My first signs of spring are the emerging crocuses.
These beauties just showed up near the garden under the old school bell. They loved the unseasonable hot day we had on Sunday.

The purple crocuses are some of my favorites! They are my favorite color and so much fun to see around all the brown plant material. What a pop in the landscape!
These daffodils just shout spring! They were a purchase during my most recent trip to the grocery store. I always feel a little guilty purchasing flowers that I could grow myself. Daffodils have never done well for me here - I think I plant them in a spot that is too shady.

Two bouquets - a really generous handful of flowers - were only $5. It was the best money I have spent for a whole lot of spring feel good.

No comments: