Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Snowflake and flower paper projects

A couple of our vintage shopping trips netted some really awesome paper ornaments.  We found the snowflake and the intricately folded star at two different stores in Asheville - ScreenDoor and Foundry.  ScreenDoor was a huge store that was loaded with booth spaces.  There was such great variety in items.  You could find rustic and refined.  We also loved Foundry - a cute little store that featured repurposed items. 

When we returned home, we ran to one of our local vintage stores because they were having a great sale.  I loved the accordion folded ornament with the sheet music as the base.

 On a cold, cold night while we watched football, I messed around with some pages from an old book to try my hand at some of the snowflakes with vintage buttons.  I did ok, but I still need some practice.
 While I was cruising Pinterest, I ran across these coffee filter flowers.  Super cute!  I thought they looked kind of spring-like and as cold as it is in Kansas, we could use a little spring.  I made a few to use at the studio. This mini garland is on the old screen door we have on the east wall.
My favorite is the paper flower made from strips of book pages with a vintage button in the center.  I was a little unprepared - I didn't have any floral wire handy and used a paper clip instead.  It worked!

No comments: