Saturday, February 23, 2013

Weather whiplash

Earlier this week, Kansas experienced a huge snow storm. No one really wants to complain because we need the moisture, however we all felt a little put out. Everyone had plans postponed, canceled or scheduled. We were digging out cars, sidewalks and driveways.

It just so happened that I was scheduled to leave for a conference at work in Orlando, Florida. Our group planned to leave on Friday and thank goodness the snow stopped and our travel plans fell into place. We were able to fly out, but had delays at every stop. Our 7 p.m. arrival time turned into 1 a.m.

But, today, it is nearly 90 degrees here (87 degrees to be exact). I must have packed in a daze. I brought sweaters, people! My defense - there is little time to actually be outside - we will mostly be in the airport and conference hotel. Still, who packs sweaters for Florida?

I also lost wife of the year honors. It was something like 9 degrees at home this morning and I sent my husband a picture of sunshine, palm trees and the hotel pool.

I did say, "Wish you were here."

And, I did get my car stuck in a snowdrift in the airport parking lot. I am not totally unscathed by the Kansas winter weather.

No comments: