I have wanted to try making fabric flowers for a long time and have been looking all kinds of different styles and techniques.
The opportunity to try this project presented itself when I needed an embellishment for two gifts. They had to be mailed to the recipients which meant I needed something that could hold up in a padded mailer (and look cute).
I wondered if I could get fabric and hot glue to hold together, not to mention if I could get the twisting and arranging techniques to work.
The end result turned out pretty well. I tested it out on my husband and he gave me high marks, so they made the cut to be put on the packages.
I used some washi tape to help create some lines to draw the eye to the rosette. The photo doesn't show the faint stripe on the wrapping paper. Overall, I was really excited to actually create something that has been on my list to try and I can only get better with more practice.
Extra, extra credit for using fabric scraps!