My mom and dad both love oatmeal. I wasn't surprised when I grew into loving oatmeal, too. I prefer to make it from scratch instead of from the prepackaged individual packets that you buy from the store. But, those individual packets are so convenient!
I saw a recipe for individual baked oatmeal on Pinterest and wanted to try this version. It seemed like a great make-ahead recipe that could last through the week. The result was really tasty and super easy to take along on the drive to work. I topped some with raisins, Craisins, and white chocolate chips, and stirred in frozen blueberries for four different varieties. The source was Sugar-Free Mom.
Individual baked oatmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 5 cups, Old Fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- Optional toppings: raisins, walnuts, chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce, banana and honey together in a bowl.
- Add in oats, flax, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and mix well with wet ingredients.
- Finally pour in milk and combine.
- Spray a 12 and 6 capacity muffin tin with cooking spray or use cupcake liners.Pour mixture evenly into muffin tin cups.
- If using toppings add them onto the tops of muffins now. If using fresh or frozen fruit, drop it right into the batter.
- Bake 30 minutes until a toothpick in center comes out clean. Cool and enjoy or freeze them in gallon freezer bags.
Note: the original recipe includes Stevia as an option for honey.