Saturday, January 1, 2011

Remembering Chicago

My yearly winter break ritual includes organizing my backlog of photos and scrapbooking projects. Some of my favorite pictures of the year came from our Chicago trip. We found some farmer's markets and ate amazing food. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the trip.


Quartino features Italian pizza and small plates, affordable wine and really great atmosphere. I love eating at sidewalk cafes in the city.



This mural of bread was along the sidewalk when we were walking between Farmer's Markets on Saturday. Loved the vibrant image!






These small urban gardens were fun to see along our walk. I had just read a great book about gardening in small spaces and loved to see this example.


Look at these lovely heirloom tomatoes! Seeing them in December makes me long for fresh tomatoes.



Love the colors and shapes on this table.




I wanted the Cambell's Soup box, and the squash looked good, too.



This Kansas girl loves sunflowers. The markets were full of these beauties last July.












Love the cart that held the sunflowers and the bucket of glads in the front.





This is my favorite photo of the day. It had rained that morning and the flowers still had some raindrops. It was worth it to brave the mud at the largest market to see some great displays.




We love Chicago and cannot wait to go back! You can bet we will hit the Farmer's Markets again.

No comments: