Saturday, September 22, 2012

It's fall

Fall has arrived in Kansas and I am so very happy for so many reasons.

The temperatures are cooler. (Finally!)

Fall favorites like pumpkin inspired foods (bread, lattes, everything!), hot cocoa, and layers are returning.

Our state fair is held in September.  I love the state fair - in small doses.

It's football season!

And, in Kansas, we have wild sunflowers everywhere.

I traveled for work and had a week out of state.  I was so excited when our plane landed and I saw that the sunflowers were still in bloom.  It was a treat to see these giant sprays of flowers along the roads, sometimes filling entire expanses of land and other times, just a lone plant anchored between the cracks of the pavement.

This Kansas girl loves her sunflowers.




No comments: